THE PERFECT WINTER GROUP ADVENTURE IN THE MAJESTIC CANADIAN ROCKIES!
(Includes transport by private trail shuttle for 3 days)
7 Days / 6 Nights
Feb 10 to Feb 16, 2020
Calgary ~ Banff ~ Lake Louise ~ Boom Lake
Johnston Canyon ~ Emerald Lake ~ Lake Agnes
From $934 CAD (About US $710)
Flight NOT incl.
BOOKING: Sorry, this trip is SOLD OUT.
EVENT CATEGORY: Winter group adventure, Multi-day.
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Intermediate to advanced -- Recent experience hiking or snowshoeing 14km (8.5mi)/day or more required.
Experience the breathtaking beauty of the Canadian Rockies in winter. Snowshoe or hike on scenic and well-maintained mountain trails to spectacular lookouts. Take in the beauty of iconic Lake Louise and Emerald Lake, completely frozen. Explore the waterfalls and natural pools of Johnston Canyon, and treat yourself to a hot beverage or a zesty meal at one of Banff’s cafes or restaurants. Each day will be even more exciting than the last!
Max 10 participants. We recommend that you register on this site by Dec 30 to secure your spot.
• Experience the spectacular Canadian Rockies all covered in snow!
• Explore Banff and Yoho National Parks with experienced Canadian hike leaders
• Hike to amazing waterfalls at Johnston Canyon
• Snowshoe around scenic Lake Louise, Emerald Lake and Boom Lake
• Roam around the picturesque town of Banff
• Stay in a private double of dorm room at the comfortable HI Lake Louise hostel
DAILY ITINERARY >> Please, CLICK HERE <<
The price includes a trail shuttle service by chartered van with a local driver for days 2, 3 and 4, and round-trip transport to the Lake Louise Lakeshore by shared bus on Day 6. We may also use the local public transit (Roam) for transportation to local trails (not incl). Return fares for the local bus are $4 for adults and $2 for seniors (over 65).
Flight and airport transfer are not included. Airport transfer by private bus is available with Brewster Express . Visit the following link to book your transfer: https://www.banffjaspercollection.com/brewster-express/
We will stay for six nights at the comfortable HI Lake Louise Alpine Centre hostel, located at a short walking distance from the village of Lake Louise. The hostel features a restaurant and several spacious and bright common sitting areas. Payment for accommodation must be made directly to the hostel at the time of check in.
Meals are not included. Every day we will choose a suitable venue for our breakfast and dinner
The HI Lake Louise Alpine Centre hostel
A) Priv. room with 1 Double + 1 Single bed (bunk). Good for one couple or 2 single guests
B) Priv. dorm room w 4 beds (FEMALES only). Shared with other members of our group
* The rooms do not have an en-suite bathroom. There are several SHARED bathrooms on each floor.
WHAT TO BRING
Backpack for day use, hat, water bottle, hiking boots, ice crampons, winter jacket, sun glasses, camera, cell phone, hiking poles, towels, toiletry, whistle, snacks.
A) Double or Twin Room $1099 CAD (About US $830)
B) Priv 4-bed Dorm Room (FEMALES only) $934 CAD (About US $710)
Payable by cheque or credit card to our service provider: Pursuit Banff Jasper in Calgary, AB, Canada. Phone 1.866.606.6700
The prices above include your room rate. We have made reservations for 10 guests at our hostel. However, the payment for accommodation must be made directly to the hostel staff at the time of check in.
- Airfare and meals not included
- Optional HI Hostels Membership: $35 CAD (you will SAVE 10% on your accommodation)
- Airport Transfer from and to Calgary Airport by Brewster Express: $180 CAD (Incl Tax)
- National Park Pass: $8.50/Day
- Snowshoe rentals (about $10 CAD Day)
- Local transit tickets (Round-trip): Adult: $4 to $6; Senior (over 65): $2 to $3
- Medical insurance (if not a resident of Canada)
- Other travel or personal expenses paid separately.
Walter De Marco • He is a worldwide traveler who lives in Toronto, ON and organizes outdoor events and trips for adventure lovers with TorontoHiking, as well as several Meetup groups. He will escort the group and lead all the activities on this adventure, along with another organizer of hiking trips from the Calgary, AB area.
RSVP Deadline: Mon, January 20